Monday, December 1, 2008

From the green hills of Ireland: Travel #1

Okay, so I cheated a little on this one. I had this trip planned before I made the list of places I wanted to travel... but I wanted to start off with a "positive jam", in the words of Craig Finn. So I am not back from Ireland. The trip details can be found here. But I wanted to post a little about the trip here for everyone.

The trip consisted of 6 weary travelors; Amy Bradshaw (B-Rad), Katherine Allen (Katers), Michelle Mellema (Cool Michelle), Matthew Price (Matty), Mindi Peterson (Peter), Preston Smith (Ps).


The weather on this trip was incredible, considering we could have had rain, fog and even snow the whole time. Everything from Dingle to the Cliffs of Moher to the pubs of Dublin. Sure it was cold but it was beautiful.

Some of the highlights of the trip: Dingle, Skelligs Chocolate Factory, the 3 euro view, The Muckross House, Bathroom breaks, Thanksgiving at Boulevard Cafe', Rick Steve's and trying in vain for 2 horus to find the church, only to drive past in on the way out of town the next morning.

It looks like I'm attacking Mindi in this picture
I love sunsets, and this one is one for the books!
Here is the whole gang, I about gave Brad a heart attack swerving off the road for this picture
Sunset at Tara-Farms
Some resort that we had to sneak into to get this picture
None of us will forget the chocolate at this stop! ALL HAIL SKELLIGS CHOCOLATE Co!
The ladies at Muckross Farm!
On top of the rock fort
This was about as beautiful as it gets!
Over all this trip has to be in my top 3 trips I've even taken... There was literally endless laughter, more inside jokes then a group of friends could conjure up in a life time.

3 comments:

azsmith said...

The pictures are amazing, I love them....you know me. I do wish I could have been in on the inside jokes but alas, I guess you had to be there, so cherish those memories, they are priceless!

Courtney Curt said...

beautiful pictures! I love the sunset pictures and the beautiful green fields!

afton said...

totally worth sneaking into the resort to get that pic, it is blowing my mind! definitely my favorite of the bunch.